By: Kwan Stafford, Guest Contributor
No matter what you’re told, the overall point of any business is to make money. With that truth in mind, I believe it is safe to say that any business owner should be constantly looking for creative ways to diversify their business’ market share and revenue streams.
The time is ripe for any business person to increase their market share beyond their locale. This being said, most businessmen and women look to use Facebook as their social marketing tool of choice, while disregarding the social media resource that is Youtube. In 2011, YouTube had more than 1 trillion views or around 140 views for every person on Earth.
Well, here are a few stats that might make you rethink using Youtube as a marketing outlet or possible alternative revenue stream.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 53 countries and across 61 languages
- 25% of global YouTube views come from mobile devices
- People watch one billion views a day on YouTube mobile
- You Tube is available on 400 million devices
- Traffic from mobile devices tripled in 2011
Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up with their activity on the site.
Given these stats, I ask the question; “Are you leaving money on the table by ignoring You Tube as a social media marketing outlet?”
Kwan Stafford is a guest contributor and co-founder of Crystal Rose Love Channel on You Tube. Crystal Rose Love Channel has over 8,000 subscribers and over 1.1 millions views.